Washington County School District uses educational software and systems to engage learners, to enhance the learning experience through personalization, and to extend learning beyond traditional boundaries.
We are committed to the appropriate use of digital products that:
- are coupled with practices with strong evidence of their impact on student learning outcomes,
- are used thoughtfully and with appropriate moderation and sensitivity,
- that follow current research around appropriate usage of learning technology,
- help learners have a personalized experience that targets their individual needs,
- and that provide opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through connected, authentic, and meaningful creation of products and projects.
As part of this work, we use developmentally appropriate learning management systems as our starting place to connect to all other digital products. Our K-7 students use Schoology and our 8-12 students use Canvas. Parent(s)/guardian(s) who want an account can find instructions for creating one in the left-hand menu of their PowerSchool login.