EXTRA TIME FOR LEARNING
Washington County School District is committed to ensuring high levels of learning for every student. In our high schools, educators have been working diligently to create extra learning time. Educators are attempting to intervene/extend using a variety of methods most often during lunch time or before/after school. In order to ensure that our students learn at high levels, it is critical that we embed into our daily schedule extra time for learning (for both interventions and extensions) and flexible time to allow options for both teacher teams and students. The Ten-Period Block schedule provides that extra time for learning.
all about students
Students who attend a Ten-Period Block school will experience:
- options for additional course offerings to include a variety of electives.
- more opportunity to earn graduation credit and increase the option to graduate early if desired.
- more flexibility to schedule classes that they are interested in.
- time to schedule extension classes or participate in gifted and talented opportunites.
- time to schedule intervention opportunities that will help them become proficient in core classes.
SCHOOLS PARTICIPATING ON THE TEN-PERIOD BLOCK
- Enterprise High School
- Pine View High School
- Snow Canyon High School
- Water Canyon High