Important Information for 2020-2021 School Year: Unfortunately, we will be eliminating private pay tuition spots in our preschool program for this coming school year. The only private pay spots that we will have are for preschool employee's children. If you would like to apply to work in our preschool program, please apply on the district website. Our funding sources mandate that we give placements to students with special needs and adverse childhood experiences.
Registration for 2020-2021 School Year Will Begin in March.
You will need to sign the printed out registration form and bring supporting documentation to your first choice school on our first registration date.
Thank you for your interest in registering your child for a high-quality preschool experience.
Registration for WCSD Preschools begins in March and is ongoing until spots are filled.
- Children must be 3 or 4 on or before September 1 to be eligible.
- Classes are 2 hours and 45 minutes per day – morning and afternoon classes are available at all locations.
- 3-year-olds attend 2 days per week; 4-year-olds attend 4 days per week.
- Class times are generally 9:15 to 12:00 and 12:30 to 3:15, but may vary based on school needs.
The purpose of our preschool program is to provide early intervention for students with special needs and adverse childhood experiences, including coming from a low-income family or English Language Learners. Our preschool program provides scholarships to these students to cover their entire tuition. The parent contract (which includes volunteering in the class and attending parent meetings, as well as maintaining adequate attendance) must be upheld in order to maintain the scholarship.
- Title I Scholarships
- High-Quality School Readiness Grant Scholarships
- Intergenerational Poverty Scholarship
STEP 1: Complete our registration form.
STEP 2: Provide supporting documentation:
- birth certificate
- immunization record with the following shots or exemption form: 4 DTP, 3 Polio, 3 Hib, 4 Pneumococcal, 1 MMR, 3 Hep B, 1 Chickenpox, 2 Hep A
Drop off: Local preschool site
All classes fill up extremely quickly. Therefore, in order to get your first choice of class placement, you should complete your registration, including submitting the required documents, right away! Our current funding sources mandate giving priority placement to SPED and low-income students.
Washington County School District also offers preschool services for children with special needs. If you suspect your child has special needs, call 435-673-1557.