Skip to main content
You are currently in a sub-section of

Workplace Injuries

If an employee desires to be seen by a medical professional following a workplace injury, the steps outlined below should be followed. Additionally, WCSD Form 122 must be completed by the employee and their supervisor. From 122 is available on the forms page of the district website and by clicking the link below. 

Company Nurse Injury Hotline logo

Step 1

Call Company Nurse


Company Nurse is an injury hotline wherein WCSD employees and registered volunteers can document injuries sustained on the job with a registered nurse. When injured personnel call Company Nurse they begin a paper trail that will protect them if their injury becomes more serious over time. ALL injuries should be reported to Company Nurse regardless of the injury’s severity.

Intermountain Healthcare Logo

Step 2

Go to IHC Workmed

385 N 3050 E
St. George, UT 84790

Company Nurse may recommend that the employee be seen by a physician. Employees who require non-emergency medical care should go to IHC Workmed. Workmed is approved by WCSD’s insurance to address worker’s compensation injuries. Employees that go to other facilities run the risk of paying for the medical costs out of pocket.

Utah School Boards Association logo

Step 3

Obtain Worker’s Comp Claim Number

Employees who seek medical care will receive their worker’s compensation claim number approximately 7 days after documenting their injury with Company Nurse. The claim number is received through regular mail from the Utah School Boards Insurance Association. All questions regarding what will/will not be covered under worker’s comp should be directed to the claim adjuster referenced in the correspondence.

Should an employee require their claim number sooner, they may contact WCSD’s Risk Management Specialist at gro.21khsaw@eel.leahcim.