The Mission of Career and Technical Education is to create Pathways to success for every secondary student by providing him or her with the technical skills and academic knowledge needed to prepare for future employment and/or a successful transition to post-secondary education.
1. Washington County School District offers Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs in our CTE Clusters Programs
2. Admission to CTE programs is open to all students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex or disability. Students qualify to participate in CTE programs on a district-wide basis, based on grade level and by following course sequence, prerequisites, and Career Pathways as outlined by the Utah State Board of Education Utah CTE Career Pathways PDF
3. It is the policy of WCSD not to discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex or disabilities in their CTE programs, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
4. It is the policy of WCSD not to discriminate based on race. Color, national origin, sex and disabilities or age in its employment practices as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
5. WCSD will take steps to assure that the lack of English skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in all educational and CTE programs.
6. For more information about your rights or grievance procedures, contact the Title IX Coordinator Karen Bess at 121 W. Tabernacle St., St. George, UT 84770; 435-986-5163.
Office: 435-673-3553 x5152