open enrollment information
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Early Open Enrollment
- Late Open Enrollment
- Criteria Table for March 2019
- UHSAA Web-Page
Bus transportation is not available to students who attend a school outside of their boundary area.
Applications are available at the student's current school and returned to the school that is being requested. The requested school collects the $5.00 non-refundable fee designated by Open Enrollment option law.
STATE OF UTAH LEGISLATION
- Schools that are designated for Early Open Enrollment are chosen based on the formulas specified in in Utah Code. (building capacity, class size, enrollment threshold greater than 90% or 40 less than capacity, projected enrollment based on October 1 figures, etc.)
- The approval of these applications is based on district-wide average class size.
- At the elementary and secondary level, accepted and enrolled non-resident students shall be permitted to remain enrolled in the school and subsequent schools in the feeder system (cone-site) without re-application unless revoked by the principal in accordance with WCSD Policy 2920.