It’s Our Wellness, Together!
FITBIT CHALLENGE #1 "WORKPLACE RACE"
- October 1st through 26th 2018
- Click here for the Competition Groups
FITBIT CHALLENGE #2 "Journey through asia"
- January 7th through February 1st 2019
FITBIT CHALLENGE #3 "Trek Across South America"
- April 1st through April 26th 2019
Fitbit Bonus Challenge "Who's the Boss"
- June 1st through June 7th 2019
With each Fitbit challenge, remember you must complete the weekly minimum step requirement for each challenge, wear the Fitbit at least 3 days per week during challenges, and sync your Fitbit on the last day of each challenge for credit.
2018-2019 FITBIT WELLNESS INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Again, Washington County School District is partnering with FitBit for the 2018-2019 school year for our employee wellness incentive program. Here are a few reminders:
What are the objectives of the wellness program?
- Assist employees and their spouses to fully engage in happiness and productivity in your personal lives.
- Provide an avenue for employees and spouses to feel more energetic, fit, and to be there for your families.
- Reduce unnecessary medical insurance utilization and premiums.
How can we achieve our objectives?
- Strive for progress, not perfection!
- By utilizing technology that engages us in a new, exciting way, to compete or challenge ourselves, we can look forward to a better us both personally and as a school district body!
What are the requirements for the wellness program?
- Remember to set your own daily benchmark goal using the FitBit platform. Your goal should be obtainable for you! FitBit benchmark recommendation is to get 6,000 steps a day. However, we recognize this goal may be a little too much for some people or not enough for others. Please consult your physician before starting any exercise program.
New hires/newly eligible benefited employees and spouses: You will have from your insurance eligibility date up to 60 days to order your Fitbit, using your one-time, Fitbit credit for you and your insured spouse! Choose from a variety of options-incuding several trackers available at no cost to you or your benefited spouse! Click here to see device comparison.
- Instructions for new hires/newly eligible employees and spouses:
- Sign the data share agreement*, get your unique identifier code, and purchase your FitBit.
- Set up your FitBit, make a goal, and participate in the 3 quarterly FitBit Challenges.
Wellness program needs to be completed by June 30, 2019 for the benefit year that begins on August 1, 2019.
While WCSD encourages you and your spouse to continue to receive annual preventive care, biometric testing, wellbeing assessments, and continue dialog with your personal physician, the 2018/2019 employee wellness incentive program will not require points or tracking of the preventive and other point activities. Additionally, we encourage you to use resources through HR for our EAP program with Lincoln Financial, and/or any other medical and mental health services provided by Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield for health related issues.
All benefited employees and their spouses that wish to have the MONTHLY wellness premium discount of $100 for employee and $100 for spouse in the 2019-2020 benefit year will need to complete the wellness initiative of a personal goal and participate in the 3 quarterly challenges by June 30, 2019.