Be Active, Be Healthy, Be Happy!
It has been a challenging year for everyone! The Covid-19 pandemic has shaped two years of our lives, causing feelings of grief, stress, and anxiety, all with implications to our physical and mental health.
As faculty and staff members, you have adapted your programs and services, created resources for students and families, and continue to implement a work environment where our students attain a quality education.
Washington County School District wants to develop an impactful workplace wellness program that supports a culture of well-being and encourages lifelong healthy lifestyle choices.
We want to enable our employees to live life more fully in their pursuit of health and wellness through these difficult times without the stress of incentive fees.
2021-2022 PARTICIPATION-BASED WELLNESS INCENTIVE PROGRAM IS A CONNECTION OF PATHS: KNOWLEDGE AND ACTION, TO HELP YOU HAVE THE TOOLS TO TAKE SMALL STEPS TO BETTER HEALTH.
- Choice & Diversity
- Healthcare Community Support
- HR Partnership & Tools
- Incentive Prizes
- No Penalization Fees
- Preventive Care
- Social Networking & Spotlights
What are the requirements for the wellness program?
- There are NO requirements to our benefited and non-benefited employees of how much physical activity is required. We know that some physical activity is better than none. You can start slowly and build up from there!
- The participation-based wellness program is a way to personalize and customize the activity that allows you to take steps to improve your health and lifestyle. From casual walking to running a marathon or riding a bike (don't forget the helmet!) Swimming, dancing, getting involved in charity events, joining a class or sports league are all great options!
- There are NO utilization fees for non-participation in the monthly mini-challenges. Mini-challenges are a step towards knowledge and actions but are NOT a requirement. Pick and choose the mini-challenges that piques interest for you. Then, get involved and gain extrinsic and intrinsic benefits by taking steps to improve your physical and mental health.
- Work together as a team and find activities with co-workers that help build relationships in the workplace, such as walking, after-work yoga classes, weightlifting classes, reading groups, and cooking classes. Then, the sky's the limit!
- Your spouse and family members are all welcome to participate! The better our health, the lower our utilization fees for our employees and their families.
- I will enter your name into our monthly drawing for each mini-challenge completed during the month. You do NOT have to complete all mini-challenges for drawing prize entries. Each mini-challenge completed is verified through a "Qualtrics Survey" emailed on the last Wednesday of every month. Just fill it out and submit it!
SEE US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
To join the WCSD Wellness Facebook Group complete the following:
- First, sign in to your Facebook account.
- Once you are in your account, copy and paste this link to your URL web browser https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcsdwellness.
- Click the join button.
- Answer the security questions.
- Agree to the rules.
- (If any of the required information is missing, you will not be approved to join the group.)