Question: How much and what kinds of physical activity are required?
Answer: There are no requirements to our benefited and non-benefited employees of how much physical activity is required. We know that some physical activity is better than none. You can start slowly and build up from there!
The participation-based wellness program is a way that you can personalize and customize the activity that allows you to take steps to improve your health and lifestyle. From casual walking to running a marathon or riding a bike, (don't forget the helmet!) Swimming, dancing, getting involved in charity events, joining a class or sports league are all great options!
Work together as a team and find activities to do with co-workers that help build relationships in the workplace, such as walking, after-work yoga classes, weightlifting classes, reading groups, and cooking classes. The sky's the limit!
We want you to take steps that will not only help you to be physically active but get involved in activities that encompass ways to help you live healthier lives.
Question: How will our activity be tracked?
Answer: There is no mandatory tracking. A Qualtrics survey will be sent at the end of each month for participation in the mini-challenges. Those that participate will be entered into a monthly drawing.
Also, join our WCSDWellness Facebook Group and share with us the amazing things you are doing to improve your health! Have fun, get involved, and motivate others to do the same!
Just a few examples:
- Post on Facebook, pictures of the activities you are involved in to improve your physical wellbeing and create greater balance in your life. Some of these could include pictures of you participating in our mini-challenges.
- Post on Facebook pictures of you and your co-workers and the activities you are involved in that build togetherness and improve all areas of health.
- Write a testimonial of how your health has improved by the changes you have made.
- Share an experience you have had by taking an active role in preventive care.
- Share apps and programs that you have applied that are working for you.
- Share healthy recipes.
To join the WCSD Wellness Facebook Group complete the following:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Once you are in your account, copy and paste this link to your URL web browser https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcsdwellness
- Click the join button.
- Answer the security questions.
- Agree to the rules.
- (If any of the required information is missing you will not be approved to join the group.)
Preventive care is another area for improvement
- Each month we will focus on informational newsletters and community healthcare practices that will give you the knowledge and support needed and actions to take to reduce elevated health risks. Watch for these informational emails to be sent on Wednesdays for best practices and wellness mini-challenge opportunities.
Question: What are the requirements to earn the wellness incentive?
Answer: We are implementing a participation-based wellness program. There are no requirements to earning a wellness incentive and no penalties will be imposed for nonparticipation. However; research shows that there are many benefits to participating in an employee workplace wellness program.
Just a few examples:
- Improvement of healthy habits that help reduce elevated health risks.
- Improvement of mood by reducing stress levels.
- Improving morale, better teamwork, and social networks.
- Higher job satisfaction.
- Stronger engagement, and
- Increased productivity
Question: As an employee, is my spouse and children required to participate?
Answer: There are no requirements for who does or does not participate. However; through developing and sharing the best practices, we hope to give you the employee, the tools to take steps towards better health for both you and your family members. The better our health, the lower our utilization fees will be for our employees.
Question: Why are we switching from Fitbit to a participation-based wellness program?
- We want all of our employees and their family members to be eligible to participate in our wellness program, not just benefited employees.
- We want to serve all demographics and not a one size fits all approach.
- We want opportunities to recognize all employees and their family members for the good things they are doing for their health.
- We want to build a community for health resources specific to our district's needs.
- We hope to promote a system that supports and enables you to live life to the fullest and be there for the ones you love.
- We want more opportunities to offer best practices, such as voluntary education newsletters, websites, mini-challenges, goal setting, quizzes, and drawings for prizes.
Question: Will we continue using our Fitbit devices or Alternative Plan options?
Answer: We will no longer be participating in the Fitbit wellness program. Starting January 1, 2022, we will implement the participation-based wellness program. However; the Fitbit dashboard will remain active until 7/31/2022. We do encourage employees to continue using the Fitbit or any other device if it helps them on their journey to stay active and health-conscious.
Question: If I have not used my Fitbit discount access code, will I be eligible to order a new device?
Answer: The storefront to Fitbit will close on December 31, 2021. If you have a discount access code, we encourage you to use it before the storefront closes. Once it closes Fitbit will no longer honor the codes.
Question: I have not received a discount access code; how do I know if I am eligible to receive one?
Question: Now that there is not an incentive fee, will I be charged the $244.66 premium for the Traditional Insurance Plan or the $54.51 for the Medical QHDHP with HSA Plan?
Answer: There is a difference between the premiums and the $100.00/$200.00 wellness incentive fee.
- The $244.66 premium is the cost to an employee whose benefits are with the EMI HealthTraditional Insurance Plan, the $54.51 is the cost to an employee whose benefits are with the EMI Medical QHDHP with the HSA Health Traditional Insurance Plan (Health High Deductible Plan.)
- The $100.00/$200.00 incentive fee is an additional fee added to your already $244.66 or $54.51 premiums for not complying with the requirements of the Fitbit wellness program.
If you completed all of the requirements for the Fitbit challenges you did not accrue an incentive fee.
Question: What if I have been charged the $100.00/$200.00 wellness incentive fee for non-completion of the Fitbit wellness program requirements, will that charge continue after the new wellness program begins?
- If a benefited employee or their spouse did not meet the requirements for the Fitbit wellness program for the 2020-2021 school year, the employee would be charged an additional $100.00 each month to the already $244.66 or $54.51 monthly premium cost of their insurance plan, for not meeting those requirements.
- If both the benefited employee and their spouse did not meet the requirements for the Fitbit wellness program, for the 2020-2021 school year, the employee would be charged an additional $200.00 each month, to the already $244.66 or $54.51 monthly premium cost of their insurance plan, for not meeting those requirements.
All incentive fees incurred for non-completion of the Fitbit wellness program requirements from the 2020-2021 school year will continue being charged the $100.00/$200.00 incentive fee through July 31. 2022.
"Your life only gets better when you do. Work on yourself and the rest will follow!"