Question: How much and what kinds of physical activity are required?
Answer: There are no requirements to our benefited and non-benefited employees of how much physical activity is required. We know that some physical activity is better than none. You can start slowly and build up from there!
The participation-based wellness program is a way to personalize and customize the activity that allows you to take steps to improve your health and lifestyle. From casual walking to running a marathon or riding a bike (don't forget the helmet!) Swimming, dancing, participating in charity events, and joining a class or sports league are great options!
Work together as a team and find activities with co-workers that help build relationships in the workplace, such as walking, after-work yoga classes, weightlifting classes, reading groups, and cooking classes. Then, the sky's the limit!
Please take steps that will help you be physically active and get involved in activities that can help you live healthier lives.
Question: How will our activity be tracked?
Answer: There is no mandatory tracking. A Qualtrics survey will be sent on the last Wednesday of each month for participation in the mini-challenges. Those that participate will be entered into a monthly drawing.
Also, join our WCSDWellness Facebook Group and share the amazing things you do to improve your health! Have fun, get involved, and motivate others to do the same!
Here are just a few examples:
- Post pictures of the activities you are involved in on Facebook to improve your physical well-being and create greater balance in your life. Some of these could include photos of you participating in our mini-challenges.
- Post on Facebook pictures of you and your co-workers and the activities you are involved in that build togetherness and improve all areas of health.
- Write a testimonial of how your health has improved by the changes you have made.
- Share your experience by taking an active role in preventive care.
- Share apps and programs that you have applied that are working for you.
- Share healthy recipes.
To join the WCSD Wellness Facebook Group, complete the following:
- First, sign in to your Facebook account.
- Once you are in your account, copy and paste this link to your URL web browser https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcsdwellness
- Click the join button.
- Answer the security questions.
- Agree to the rules.
- (If any required information is missing, you will not be approved to join the group.)
Preventive care is another area for improvement
- Each month we will focus on informational newsletters and community healthcare practices that will give you the knowledge and support needed and actions to reduce elevated health risks. Watch for these informational emails to be sent on Wednesdays for best practices and wellness mini-challenge opportunities.
Question: What are the requirements to earn the wellness incentive?
Answer: We are implementing a participation-based wellness program. There are no requirements to earn a wellness incentive, and no penalties will be imposed for non-participation. However, research shows many benefits to participating in an employee workplace wellness program.
Here are just a few examples:
- Improvement of healthy habits that help reduce elevated health risks.
- Improvement of mood by lowering stress levels.
- Improving morale, better teamwork, and social networks.
- Higher job satisfaction.
- Stronger engagement, and
- Increased productivity
Question: As an employee, are my spouse and children required to participate?
Answer: There are no requirements for who does or does not participate. However, through developing and sharing the best practices, we hope to give you, the employee, the tools to take steps towards better health for you and your family members. The better our health, the lower our utilization fees will be for our employees.
"Your life only gets better when you do. So work on yourself, and the rest will follow!"