Secondary Education serves the needs of students from 6th grade through high school graduation.
- Grades 6th and 7th - Intermediate Schools
- Grades 8th and 9th - Middle Schools
- Grades 10th, 11th and 12th - High Schools
|8 - Period Block||All middle schools including; Desert Hills High, Dixie High, Hurricane High and Water Canyon High|
|10 - Period Block||Enterprise High, Pine View High and Snow Canyon High - 10 Period Block Information|
Students begin to earn credit for graduation in the 9th grade.
Policy 4100 Graduation Requirement/School Credits provides information regarding the number of credits required for graduation from each individual high school. Additional Information about graduation can be found at the following links:
Washington County School District is committed to Professional Learning Communities PLC. That means that we ensure high levels of learning for every student.
Each teacher can identify -
- what they want each student to learn
- ways to know if the student has learned it
- what interventions they will do if the student does not learn the concepts taught
- what extensions to offer to those students who have learned the concepts and need more challenges